Click Once Deployment Issue
March 9, 2011 § Leave a comment
There was a problem that I was unable to launch an application that was published using ClickOnce. And the log file that the error message provided making finding the issue very easy. The log file contained the following error:
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [6/7/2010 10:54:17 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (Subscription)
– Unable to install this application because an application with the same identity
is already installed. To install this application, either modify the manifest version
for this application or uninstall the preexisting application.
– Source: System.Deployment
Solution : You need to Clean Online App Cache
There 2 ways
1) Developer : Where you need simple command line tool mage.exe which is found in /Program Files/Microsoft Sdks/Windows/v7.0A/bin. Calling the tool like this mage -cc cleared the cache.
2) However, on a machine for non developers, this was not an option, as they don’t have the Sdks on their machines. So, an alternative.
go Cmd run this command
rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache
Hope this useful…. 🙂